Header Image Source
Admin

February 10, 2009

What I Learned: Reliving the Holocaust


My trip to Washington, DC brought some unforgettable surprises with my Diabetes. Here are several important things that I learned from it:

1. Intense heat can play havoc on your sugar levels.

2. Eat small snacks in between a long delay of meals to keep you BG levels in check.

3. Wear a medic alert bracelet or necklace, it saved my life.

4. When not feeling 100 percent, tell someone.

5. Check your blood sugar with a glucose monitor frequently.

6. Don't walk across four lanes of traffic!

7. Now being older, I actually like Vermont quite a bit. It's a very peaceful place with great people and scenery. The skiing also rocks!

Like this article? Have any questions or comments? Tell us what you're thinking by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

No comments:

Admin