Header Image Source
Admin

February 08, 2009

BG Levels: The Weekly Roundup


Even though my blood sugar testing started out very sporadic, I'm glad to report that Sunday was a lot smoother. I feel that my morning levels are high due to my craving of food right before bed time. This is something that I will have to gradually reduce as time passes.

Last night I had a bowl of Lucky Charms before falling asleep. My sugar suffered a bit in the morning, but it felt so worth it! Maybe I can cut down to half a bowl :). Well, without further adieu, here is the weekly roundup of my sugars including today:

2/5/09:
9:45pm - 129
2/6/09:
7:32am - 239
12:50pm - 67
7:40pm - 278
9:53pm - 50
2/7/09:
9:00am - 200
12:30pm - 194
5:30pm - 65
2/8/09:
7:45am - 209
1:24pm - 130
7:17pm - 110

Like this article? Have any questions or comments? Tell us what you're thinking by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up,you are doing well and you can make those levels even better!
Your health is more important than anything.

Anonymous said...

Grampa Gilley,

With regard to food cravings,
I have found that 3 X 500mg.
CAPSULES of a reputable brand of
the Amino Acid " L-Carnitine ",
Can reduce or eliminate BIOLOGICALLY
driven food cravings, especially if taken as they are first starting to be felt.

http://tsangenterprise.com/news71.htm
states the following:
"Carnitine deficiencies are occasionally associated with other diseases, such as diabetes and cirrhosis. Among people with diabetes, carnitine deficiency is more likely to be found in persons experiencing complications of diabetes (such as retinopathy, hyperlipidemia, or neuropathy), suggesting that carnitine deficiency may play a role in the development of these complications. A carnitine deficiency can also result from oxygen deprivation which can occur in some heart conditions."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please note:L-Carnitine enables the body to metabolize lipids [fats].
At least for me the "athletes' over training spiral" (is/ was) an L-Carnitine DEFICIENCY.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Angina prevention dosage of
L-Carnitine (is/Was) one Gram (1,000m.g.)Three times per day,
preferably 1/2 half hour BEFORE
each meal. Therefore in my opinion,the OCCASIONAL dose suggested, or [prophylactic] consumption of LESS than the 3grams per day would be safe.

P.S. IF no beneficial effect is noticed then it is highly probable that the body is generating sufficient L-Carnitine and supplementation is probably not
a reasonable expense.

IF someone needs to discuss this I will attempt to check back on this site. [Mine is (Type III, Stress Induced, Adrenal) Diabetes from the ongoing Pain(s) of injuries. The reduced ability to communicate is the reason for choosing "Anonymous" posting at this time.]

Walking_Diabetic said...

Wow! Thanks for the info. I will have to check in on this. I really appreciate your research on the subject.

I have never heard of Type III Diabetes before, maybe you can write up something about it and I will post on the blog for you?

Thanks Again!

Admin