Header Image Source
Admin

February 21, 2009

Glucose Monitor Review


In the next month or so I will be testing and reviewing different brands of glucose monitors. My current meter is over three years old, and I felt it was time to put it in the junk pile. Surfing the web I have found many alternatives, each with a different selling point.

My goal is to review a new monitor each week. I will post a review on each describing the pros and cons with a rating for price, ease of use, appearance, features and an overall rating. These rating will be out of five stars (one being the worst). Pictures will also be included.

At the end of reviewing all the glucose meters I will post my pick for the top three. So far I have sent out a request for six monitors that I have listed below.I will try and get at least ten monitors to review. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment or email me with a glucose meter you would like reviewed.

Glucose Monitors:
- Nova Max
- Freestyle Lite
- One Touch Ultra Smart
- One Touch Ultra-Mini
- Bayer Contour
- Bayer Breeze2

Like this article? Have any questions or comments? Tell us what you're thinking by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My monitor is a WaveSense Presto, made by AgaMatrix. It's a small monitor that requires a small sample.
It produces a result in a few seconds. I love it. Check it out.

http://www.wavesense.info/presto

Walking_Diabetic said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I will try and see if I can request this monitor for review. Have you tried any other brand of glucose meter that you recommend?

Admin