Header Image Source
Admin

February 07, 2009

BG Levels: Update 2/7/09


So my second full day of testing has shown some sporadic results. I feel that this may be because I am overreacting to a result and counteracting with either too much insulin or too much food. In the long run I would like to eventually show a more stabilized pattern in my BG testing. Currently I would be comfortable with a range from 100 to 125.

Personally when I get to around 80, I feel a little nervous. Last night right before dinner I had a high sugar and decided to take 5 units of Apidra to lower it. Unfortunately I decided to skip out on all the carbohydrates in my meal and eat just the chicken and salad (no bread). When I checked myself later that night, my sugar had dropped a little quicker than I expected. I drank a glass of OJ to fix the problem.

I also had a snack bar before bed, but probably didn't need it as you can see from my morning result:

2/6/09:
7:40pm - 278
9:53pm - 50
2/7/09:
9:00am - 200
12:30 - 194

Like this article? Have any questions or comments? Tell us what you're thinking by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

No comments:

Admin