Header Image Source
Admin

January 28, 2009

First Post: Walking With Diabetes


This will be the first of many posts regarding Diabetes and my experience living with it. I plan for this blog to not only be informative, but also paint a picture illustrating the life of a Diabetic through my eyes and the people around me.

Since being diagnosed with Diabetes at age 4, I have learned a lot about myself, the disease, and how it affects your day to day interactions. Personally, I believe that Diabetes is not easy to deal with(a huge motivator for me writing this blog). Many diabetics struggle with control and emotion. More often than not, information in an article, hearing from a doctor about the affects of Diabetes, and reading success stories are not enough to motivate the normal Diabetic to take back control.

I am not a success story, yet. I have many stories, both negative and positive, some you would not even believe. I want to share these experiences with you. Maybe they will deepen your understanding, let you connect with something that you thought was not connectible, or maybe just give you a laugh or two. Whatever it may be, I hope you enjoy the posts and share with friends and family my ups and downs as I continue the ongoing struggle of Walking With Diabetes.

Like this article? Have any questions or comments? Tell us what you're thinking by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Welcome to the d-blogosphere. Check out some other diabetes blogs at the Diabetes OC. You can also register your blog there, which will help others find your blog.

Two other great diabetes resources: TuDiabetes.Com is a social networking site for folks affected by diabetes. I've been a member since the early days.

And the Diabetes Search Engine is a good way to look for answer to questions about diabetes.

Admin